Salary: £17.76-£18.36 per hour
Part-time, Temporary contract, Temp to perm
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 27.5 per week
The Administrative and Finance Officer will be directly responsible to the School Business Manager.
The Administrative and Finance Officer is a member of the School Office team and is responsible for:
● Secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher. School Business Manager and other senior leaders within the school.
● Direct support to the School Business Manager to ensure the effective running of the School Office and support functions, including oversight of the timely processing of orders and invoices and other financial documents to ensure currency of financial data.
● Administration of the school’s monthly payroll and maintenance of personnel records for members of staff.
● Administration relating to the recruitment of staff, including arrangements for processing DBS checks and updating the Single Central Record.
● Providing support in connection with the school’s admissions and attendance arrangements, including the maintenance of computer-based pupil records and associated data (INTEGRIS)
Administrative and General Office Responsibilities
● Provision of timely and effective secretarial and administrative support to the Headteacher. School Business Manager and other senior leaders within the school.
● Drafting and preparing routine letters and other documents, as requested by the Headteacher, School Business Manager or other members of the teaching staff.
● Generating reports of a routine nature, including completion of forms required by the Department for Education, Local Authority, and other organisations.
● The Administration and Finance Manager is the Data Transfer Manager for the co-ordination of all pupils transferring schools and is the point of contact for pupil data issues between schools.
● Maintaining all applications for admissions to school and processing all applications in accordance with the Local Authority’s admissions policy.
● Oversight of the school’s first aid and medical arrangements in accordance with the school’s policies and procedures, including maintenance of the register of first aid staff and monitoring currency of training, acting as first point of contact for first aid matters, and overseeing matters relating to medicines and creams for children with allergies and asthma.
● Providing support with the arrangements for Educational Visits, including planning, correspondence, packed lunches, risk assessments, travel arrangements and bookings.
● Maintenance of computer-based pupil records and support with completion of returns such as the pupil census return.
● Ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
● Supporting the School Business Manager with the updating of the school’s staff handbook as required.
● Ensuring the timely processing of orders and invoices, including processing within the school’s accounting system (RM). The Administration and Finance Officer is directly responsible for payment of invoices and recording income in the school’s accounting system.
● Overseeing the arrangements for collection and recording of cash and cheques for school trips, sale of items such as school bags, etc.
● Co-operating with the school’s audit arrangements as required.
● Preparation of monthly banking.
● Maintenance of the records associated with the School Fund bank account.
● Preparing the school’s monthly payroll, including processing of timesheets, completion of new starter/leaver/variation forms within required deadlines. Liaising with the school’s payroll provider, School Business Manager and Headteacher regarding payroll reports and authorisations.
● Providing support with the maintenance of secure personnel files and records on the school’s software system/s, and providing support with the staff census return.
● Maintaining records of sickness and other absences.
● Providing support to the Headteacher with matters relating to staff recruitment arrangements, including placing advertisements, arranging interviews, letters of appointment, safer recruitment, DBS checks, and contracts of employments.
● Maintaining the single central record.
● Organising supply cover for teaching staff when absent or on training
Support for the school:
Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health safety and security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person.
Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop.
Contribute to and encourage the overall ethos/work/aim of the school.
Appreciate and support the role of the other professionals.
Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required.
Participate in training and other learning activities and performance management as required.
Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times e.g. clubs, extra-curricular activities.
Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support achievement and progress of pupils.
Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise and use these to advise and support others.
To find out more and apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org