Contract length: 12 weeks, immediate start until December 2023
Part-time hours: 10 per week
Salary: £13.15 per hour
Hours: 6:30 – 8:30am
● To work under the guidance of teaching/senior staff and within an agreed system of supervision. To implement agreed work programmes with individuals/groups, in or out of the classroom.
● To clean the interior and exterior of the school building to the required standards.
● To uphold and comply within the statutory provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation or Policies and Procedures relating to Health & Safety at work.
● To carry out cleaning duties as directed.
● Ensuring the health and safety of all pupils in accordance with the school policies and procedures.
● To promote and support the school’s Behaviour and discipline Policy and have an understanding of the school’s policies and procedures and adhering to them as appropriate.
You will be required to carry out all or some of these tasks for the area(s) in which you have been allocated to work.
● To sweep/dust control sweep/spot mop/thorough mop all hard floor surfaces as directed.
● To spot vacuum/thorough vacuum all carpeted floors, upholstered furniture and other areas as designated.
● To dust/dust control dust/damp dust/wash all furniture, fixtures, fittings, surfaces pipes and skirting boards up to hand height as directed. High level dusting to be carried out as required using high dust control extending frame.
● Deep cleaning also required where and when as directed by line manager.
● To polish furniture as required.
● To clean telephones, including the mouthpiece as directed.
● To empty, replace and clean wastepaper bins and ashtrays as required.
● To remove rubbish to designated collection points, to include all paper waste to be collected in rubbish bags and craft waste to be removed in receptacle provided.
● To clean sanitary areas as designated to include all toilets, urinals, sinks, basins, showers, baths and associated fixtures and fittings.
● Replace hand towels, toilet rolls and hand soap as required.
● Empty and remove ashes from sanitary towel disposal units where required.
● To carry out all floor maintenance duties as directed, using the procedure as laid down, machinery equipment and materials provided for this purpose.
● These duties will include the following:
Spray cleaning, machine buffing, stripping floors of water based polishes, repolishing floor using water based polishes, machine scrubbing, hand stripping/scrubbing, maintaining unsealed wooden floors with wax polishes where required, the application of oleo resinous seals to wood floors as required, and carpet cleaning.
● To regularly remove all finger and scuff marks, splashes etc. from internal glass doors, kickplates, walls and paintwork, and to thoroughly clean these items as required.
● To wash walls, tiles and ceilings above hand height as required using equipment supplied. This work to be done by operative from floor level.
● To remove graffiti, chewing gum etc, using laid down procedures.
● Ground level external window cleaning as and when instructed.
● To thoroughly clean venetian blinds and vertical blinds as required using methods and equipment as directed. This work to; be done by operative from floor level.
● To understand and comply with Whitehall Primary School’s Health & Safety Policy.
● To maintain the high standard of cleanliness and good condition of all machinery and equipment used by you, and to report any faults to the Site Services Officer.
● To be aware of fire prevention and drill procedures.
● To lock doors and return keys to designated place as required.
● To maintain client confidentiality and security of buildings, closing and locking windows as required.
Personal and professional conduct
· Uphold public trust in the education profession and maintain high standards of ethics and behavior, within and outside school
· Have proper and professional regard for the ethos, policies and practices of the school, and maintain high standards of attendance and punctuality
· Demonstrate positive attitudes, values and behaviors to develop and sustain effective relationships with the school community
· Respect individual differences and cultural diversity
· Demonstrate commitment to the well-being and progress of all pupils in school
· Have a commitment to excellent inclusive practice
· Be trustworthy and reliable
· Demonstrate clear understanding of confidentiality
· Willingness to work as part of a team
· Use of initiative and excellent time management/prioritisation skills
To undertake any other duties which are commensurate to this pay grade under direction from the line manager or Head Teacher.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Site Services Officer / School Business Manager as appropriate.
Whitehall takes very seriously the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children. We are committed to ensuring our safeguarding procedures reflect statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice, our policy recognizes that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances and we therefore take all necessary steps to protect them.
To find out more and apply, please email email@example.com